So I finally did jailbreak my iPhone 3GS(after stalling many times). Why? It’s mainly because I wanna watch Japanese TV on iPhone.
Usually Japanese people use oneseg tv tuner(ワンセグチューナー) to watch tv on their handphone(携帯電話). But hey, there’s always a way to watch tv without the tuner.
For that, first we have to jailbreak the iPhone, and then using an application called i-KeyHoleTV, and using even 3G connection, watching tv via iPhone is not impossible anymore:)
OK, now I wanna give a tutorial on how to install i-KeyHoleTv on iPhone 3GS(iOS 4.0.1).
After a lot of googling, I find the easiest way to do that. Here it goes;
- Jailbreak the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
- Open Cydia, go to Manage> Source and type http://sinfuliphonerepo.com/.
- Go on with the repository.
- Go back to Cydia, search Appsync and install it.
2. Installing i-KeyHoleTV
- From here, download the ipa file.
- Open the file (iTunes will be opened).
- Add i-KeyHoleTV into the application.
- Connect iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to the PC.
- Make sure i-KeyHoleTV has been checked, then sync the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.