Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Supporting Earth Hour

Quote from The Matrix;

Agent Smith: I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you’re not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.”

 

Yesterday, I called my mom, and surprisingly, my mom asked me to switch off lights in my room during the Earth Hour campaign. At first, I was shocked, knowing my mom, she was not that type of person. She said my dad told her to do that. Ok, whatever.

In Japan, there wasn’t much hypes about this campaign. I don’t know why, but it seems people in Japan didn’t show enough commitment to support it. But, I believe there are many Japanese who want to do that. Look, up till now, Japanese are doing very well in promoting environment-friendly things, like recycling, separating their garbage, hybrid cars, solar PV panels at homes and etc.

As for me, from 2030 till 2130, which is one hour, I just turned off everything except my laptop, my digital fm-clock radio, refri, and my internet connection. It’s simple after all. So, why not being in darkness for a while?

 

ps: best gak bergelap untuk seketika…hehesmile_wink

2 comments:

  1. cakap bahs emelayu dah nak ancur.... huahaua

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...ko salah tempat nak komen ke...sesat beb...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails